One of my three teenage sons loves all things apple. He’s not a big bean fan though. The other two sons love baked beans. With this yummy twist on baked beans, I satisfied all three of them. However, my husband was the one who raved the most. It’s a hit at our house and wherever I take it.
Cook time: 45 Min Prep time: 20 Min Serves: 8-12
- 55 oz can of bush’s original baked beans
- 1 large apple (i used fuji.), diced or cut into chunks
- 1/2 c natural applesauce
- fresh grated nutmeg to taste
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 pinch small pinch, cayenne pepper
- 2-4 Tbsp brown sugar, light
- 1 lb hot ground sausage (i used venison sausage.)
- 1 small onion, diced
Please, use the next page button below for the recipe and ingredients and don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family on Facebook.