This healthier avocado egg salad is packed with protein and … often turn it green and pack a nutritional punch with it with avocado and spinach, sans any mayo at all. …
- 8 pieces whole wheat bread
- 6 eggs, hardboiled
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 stems scallions or green onion, rinsed and chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Chop hard-boiled eggs into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add chopped spinach and scallions.
- Mix in mayonnaise and greek yogurt until the mixture is combined and everything is coated.
- Season generously with salt and pepper. Note: if not serving immediately, cover and refrigerate.
- Spread 3-4 tablespoons of egg salad onto 1 piece whole wheat bread and top with another slice (optional).
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches and serve immediately.