An old boyfriend’s mother used to cook this for me whenever I ate over. Cheese tortellini is served in a creamy tomato and spinach sauce. I love it!”
- 1 (16 ounces) package cheese tortellini
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the tortellini, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- While you get the tortellini going, combine the tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper, basil and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir until the mixture begins to bubble.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, milk, and cream. Stir this mixture into the saucepan along with the Parmesan cheese.
- Heat through, then reduce heat to low, and simmer until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the tortellini, but do not rinse, then pour them into the saucepan with the sauce. Stir to coat, and serve.