I got this recipe for Strawberry Cake, growing up I am very fascinated in the kitchen. How my mom turns ingredients into something delicious and mouthwatering. After a wonderful layer of fresh strawberries, a slightly sweet cream cheese frosting, and a moist European sponge cake is layer. It’s great and making it is so easy.
Prep: 45 mins | Cook: 23mins | Total: 1 hr 8 mins | Servings: 8 to 12 slices
- (6) large eggs room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- (2) (8 oz) packages of each cream cheese softened at room temp
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
For the Filling and Decor:
- 1 1/2 (1 lb ) lbs of fresh strawberries, to blend and 1/2 lb for decor
- 1/3 c chocolate chips to melt and decorate the top optional
- Preheat oven 350˚F and line bottoms of the cake pans with parchment paper (do not grease the sides).
- Add and beat (6) large eggs with the whisk attachment for 1 min on high speed. With the mixer on, gradually add a cup sugar, continue beating on high speed 8 min until thick and fluffy.
- Whisk flour and baking powder, then sift the flour in thirds into the batter, folding gently with a spatula between each addition. Then fold just until no streaks of flour remain, scraping the bottom of the bowl to ensure you don’t have pockets of flour hiding at the bottom. Make sure not to over-mix, or you may deflate the batter.
- Then divide batter equally between two prepared cake pans, bake until the top is golden brown and springs back when poked slightly for 23-28 minutes. Remove from pan by sliding a knife around the edges. Then cool to room temp, then peel back the parchment paper, then slice the Cake Layers equally in half.
For the Strawberry Filling:
- Slice strawberries into quarters if large and place them in the bowl of a food processor, then pulse until consistency of chunky applesauce. Set aside.
For the Frosting:
- Add and beat cold heavy whipping cream on high speed with the whisk attachment for 1-2 min until stiff and spreadable then remove to a separate dish.
- In the same mixing bowl, add and beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar for about 2 minutes until smooth and lump-free, scraping down a bowl a couple of times. Use a spatula to fold in whipped cream.
- Put the first layer cut-side-up on your serving dish, and spread with 1/3 of the strawberry puree.
- Then add and spread about 1/2 cup of frosting over the second layer of cake, placing it over the first layer, so that the strawberries and cream embrace. Repeat with the next layers.
- Then add and frost the top and sides with remaining frosting, and decorate the top with melted chocolate. I cut in half the little strawberries and put them on each of the “vines” chocolates. Then I put strawberries halves around the base of the cake. If you can’t find small strawberries, then you can use raspberries. I can guarantee that it will work well for the decor also as they are tiny and look cute cut in half.