This pork loin is roasted with a nicely seasoned herb stuffing with pecans. Serve this savory roast with potatoes and corn for a delicious family dinner. You can add dried cranberries to the stuffing along with the pecans. If your family doesn’t care for nuts, the pecans may be omitted.
Cook time: 1 Hr 30 Min Prep time: 30 Min Serves: 6
1 3-4 lb pork loin roast
1 medium granny smith apple, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 c onion, minced
1/4 c dried cranberries
1/4 tsp dried rosemary and sage, or 1/2 tsp fresh, chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
3-4 slice uncooked bacon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a sharp knife, butterfly roast by cutting across the top by 1/3 almost through (fold flap back).
3. Then from where you left off, cut 1/3 back the other direction and fold that flap back so you have 3 sections.
4. Saute all ingredients (except loin and bacon) in olive oil.
5. Place stuffing on loin.
6. Fold flaps in.
7. Place roast (flap side down) in an 8×8 glass baking dish. Wrap with bacon, folding ends under roast.
8. Bake for 1-1 1/2 hours. Let set for about 5 minutes then slice. Serve immediately.