Italian Lemon Pound Cake is the only lemon pound cake you will ever need. … Lemon Desert RecipesLemon Cake RecipesSummer Desert RecipesSummer …
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 small box lemon Jello
- 1 box Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
- ¾ cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1tsp. lemon extract
- 1¾ to 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Grease and flour and 9 x 13 pan. Dissolve Jello in boiling water and put in the refrigerator to cool.
- Combine cake mix and oil. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each. Add cool Jello and lemon extract. Mix well.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Before baking time is finished, prepare the glaze by mixing powdered sugar with lemon juice.
- Add water to glaze a few drops at a time until glaze is thin.
- Adjust tartness or sweetness of glaze by adding more powdered sugar or lemon juice.
- Thin glaze with water until it runs fast off the spoon. When cake comes out of the oven, poke many holes with a fork.
- Pour glaze on hot cake and spread evenly.
- May add a tiny bit of lemon zest for decoration