This healthy Mexican quinoa recipe uses only 5 ingredients and comes together in under 20 minutes. It’s quick, easy and super delicious…
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or canned)
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado, optional, diced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sautÈ onion until softened. 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant, then add quinoa, beans, and corn.
- Pour in vegetable broth and stir together.
- Season with cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then cover, reduce heat and let simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until quinoa is tender, but still, al dente and liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Stir lime juice into quinoa and add tomatoes, avocado (optional) and cilantro.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!