A tradition for us to use up Thanksgiving Leftovers. If possible I enjoy it even more than Thanksgiving Dinner (I always have been a sucker for …
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1-1/4 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 6 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup sour cream, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cup: 710 calories, 36g fat (20g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 1375mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 36g protein.
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing cubes, poultry seasoning, and sage. Stir in broth and celery mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In another large bowl, combine the turkey, soup, garlic powder and 1/4 cup sour cream; spoon over stuffing mixture.
- Drain potatoes; mash in a large bowl.
- Beat in the cream cheese, pepper, salt, and remaining sour cream; spread over turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.