It’s not only delicious, but it’s a crowd-pleaser, enticing even the fussiest of eaters. And it’s fun to make too! After safely sauteing the beef and onions, you simply add on the layers of delicious goodness: peas, soup, cheddar, and as many tater tots as your heart desires. Dig in and save a piece for us…
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 10 ounces can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 10 ounces can of peas
- 1 32 ounces bag of tater tots
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese
- 1 white onion
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 350∞ F.
- Cook your ground beef in a large saucepan on medium heat for 6 minutes.
- Dice your white onion and add it to your beef. Cook for 6 more minutes or until the beef has browned and is cooked all the way through.
- Strain out excess fat from your saucepan.
- Spread browned beef and onions in the bottom of a casserole dish (About 10x 16 ).
- Drain the water from your can of peas and then spread them evenly on top of the beef.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the cream of mushroom soup with your garlic powder.
- Pour soup mixture evenly on top of the peas and beef in your casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese across the top of the casserole so that it forms an even layer on top of your ingredients.
- Add tater tots on top of the layer of cheese. Make sure you arrange them evenly, covering the entire casserole because this is going to be your crust.
- It is also helpful for serving purposes to arrange the
- tater tots in an even grid.
- Place dish in the oven and bake for 50 minutes, or until the tater tots begin to turn golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy