For years I have searched and searched and searched…and even did some more searching to find a frosting that was identical or almost identical to the frosting you taste from a bakery. And I finally found one! This one right here! You have to try it! I’m tired of the same ole’ “butter, powdered sugar and vanilla” type frosting. This frosting can actually be a little expensive because it calls for 5 different extracts. But it’s so well worth it. Especially if you’re really wanting that “wow factor.”
- 1 Crisco
- 1 lightly salted butter (regular salted butter will work too)
- 2 Tbsp meringue powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (may want to use clear vanilla for a pure white frosting)
- 1 tsp butter flavoring
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp orange extract
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- 2 lb powdered sugar (must be brand name – store brand will not work)
- 5-6 Tbsp warm water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a small cup, measure out water and salt. Set aside and let the salt dissolve.
- If you have a standing mixer it is highly recommended. But a handheld mixer with a very large bowl will work also.
- Cream together the Crisco and butter until well combined.
- Add meringue powder and all the extracts and flavorings. Mix well.
- On low speed, gradually add the powdered sugar until well combined.
- It will get clumpy after the whole 2lbs. has been distributed.
- Continue on low speed and gradually add salt/water mix.
- Add more water to frosting if necessary.