Bacon in gravy? Yes, please! I so love bacon and this recipe is an amazing trick on how to enjoy bacon differently. An excellent tweak to the usual gravy with sausage. This milk gravy recipe is so simple and is made out of bacon grease. Not fussy Southern bacon Gravy that you make from scratch. All you need are bacon, of course, milk, flour, salt & pepper, and biscuit dough. These ingredients are readily available so you don’t need to go shopping for some fancy ingredients. I am loving this bacon gravy for breakfast. The kids also adore this. You can taste the bacon in every bite. And who does not love bacon, right? make this thick, creamy bacon from scratch whenever. I am pretty sure that your whole family will love this, especially the kids. And today, the best bacon gravy is born. There is no going back, I am hooked!
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Total: 25 mins | Servings: 5 | Yield: 5 servings
- 4 thick slices bacon
- 1 cup milk, or as needed
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (10 ounces) can refrigerated biscuit dough
- Step 1: Follow the package direction to bake the biscuits.
- Step 2: In a deep skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat for about 10 minutes until crisp.
- Step 3: Transfer the bacon onto a paper towel-lined plate but keep the grease in the pan.
- Step 4: Slowly add in the flour into the pan while stirring until there are no lumps. Pour in the milk and continue to stir until thickened. Then, crumble the cooked bacon into the gravy. Before serving, season with salt and pepper.
- Step 5: Cut the biscuits in half. Pour the gravy over the biscuits and serve. Enjoy!
Per Serving: 281.6 calories; protein 9.7g 19% DV; carbohydrates 31.4g 10% DV; fat 12.8g 20% DV; cholesterol 15.5mg 5% DV; sodium 841.6mg 34% DV