Here is a stew that you can make in either a Dutch oven or your slow cooker. … 0. Tags: beef chuck roast beef StewcarrotsDutch Ovenpeaspotatoes … some beef broth since it had really thickened up and that made it perfect…
- 1 large onion
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large potatoes, cut into 1/2″ chunks
- 1 cup fresh green beans cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1lb stew-meat beef chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- Put the ingredients except for the flour and tomato paste into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or high for 4 to 5 until the beef is tender and potatoes are fork-tender.
- Stir the stew once or twice as it cooks if possible.
- 30 minutes before serving, transfer a ladleful of broth to a small mixing bowl.
- Add the flour and tomatoes paste. Whisk until smooth, then stir the mixture back into the stew and cook for the remaining half hour.
- Serve hot.