This is the best fudge you’ll ever make. It’s my mom’s recipe and made with marshmallows and chocolate chips. We make it every year for Christmas. So good …
- 1 pound German chocolate, chopped
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweeten condensed milk
- 1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Line an 8×8 or 9×13-inch baking dish (depending on how thick you like your fudge) with aluminum foil or parchment paper, leaving an overhang on both sides, so it’s easy to extract from pan.
- Set up a double-boiler with a heat-proof bowl set over a small saucepan of simmering water and place the chocolates, condensed milk, butter and salt in the top bowl.
- Cook until chocolate is fully melted and the mixture is smooth, then stir in the marshmallow cream.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and fold in chopped walnuts until incorporated.
- Pour chocolate mixture into lined baking pan and use a rubber spatula to smooth over the top.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or until set and firm.
- Extract aluminum foil or parchment paper from baking dish and remove the block of fudge.
- Cut into small squares and serve immediately, or store, refrigerated, in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.