These cookies are so ridiculously easy and so very good! They are extremely buttery and crumbly and just melt in your mouth. They taste just like those Danish butter cookies that come in a tin, absolute winner!
These butter cookies are melt in your mouth delicious. They’re easy to make and a wonderful canvas for your favorite toppings or drizzle. We kept them plain, but they’d be great with some chocolate and stuffed with raspberry jam. By themselves, though, they were heavenly and very hard to put down.
- 8 oz unsalted butter
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 c all-purpose flour
1. Beat the butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla together until smooth and creamy. Mix in the egg yolk until well incorporated.
2. Add the flour and mix just until incorporated.
3. Scrape onto a lightly floured board and knead a few times, just until the dough smooths out. Turn onto a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a log, wrap up and refrigerate for several hours or freeze.
4. Before baking, preheat the oven to 325°F. Line your baking sheets with parchment. Slice the dough into slices about 1/8″ thick and place them on the sheets about an inch apart.
5. Bake until JUST beginning to turn golden around the edges, about 16-20 minutes.
6. You can do many things with these cookies, roll the dough out and cut shapes, dip them in chocolate or make them thinner and sandwich them with jam, etc.