This is basically the best Cauliflower Pizza Crust out there (it has been Pinned more than 1 Million times! It is additionally an extraordinary sans gluten, irreproachable, low carb alternative (and pressed with protein!). Yet, what’s so incredible is that my children love it!
The remarks underneath state it all! “Uh-Mazing!” “Love this formula!” There is an explanation this cauliflower pizza formula has circulated around the web on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram! It is only that acceptable!
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1 small to medium sized head of cauliflower – should make 2 cups once processed ((many stores now sell frozen riced cauliflower)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt OR 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder ((I love Lawry’s))
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- pizza sauce & toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and spray it with non-stick butter spray. (or use a silicon baking mat, which is my favorite thing in the world)
- Cut off the florets of the cauliflower – try to cut off as much of the stem as possible. Place the florets in a food processor and “rice it” – you do this by pulsing the food processor – press the button in short “pulse-like” increments- be very careful not to over process and puree, it won’t be good!
- The cauliflower should come out looking almost grain like. See picture.
- (You can save a step by buying the frozen riced cauliflower. I have done this and it comes out just as good!)
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and microwave it for about 4 minutes.
- Pour it out on a kitchen towel or paper towels and wring the water out of it. The more water you get out the better.
- Place in a bowl and mix in all of the other ingredients.
- Using your hands, take the mixture and make it into a ball.
- Place it on the parchment paper and flatten it out to a pizza shape. (careful not too make it too thick or thin!)
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake until the edges start to get golden brown and the middle sets – about 15 minutes. Flip over and bake another few minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Put your favorite pizza sauce and toppings on and cook on 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melting and starting to brown.
If you have a pizza stone, I think this would help it to get nice and crispy, I don’t have one, but I may have to invest in one!