This Paleo and Whole30 Breakfast Casserole will be the hit of your weekend brunch. Filled with bacon, eggs, and beef, it even sneaks in loads of healthy veggies…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tbsp. cooking fat + extra to grease baking dish (ghee, light olive oil, beef tallow, coconut oil, bacon grease, etc.)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 c. carrots, shredded or finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8-10 turns on a pepper grinder
- 12 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Go ahead and cook and chop bacon if you haven’t already. Set aside.
- Melt ghee over medium heat.
- Add ground beef and onions, and cook until meat is browned and onion starts to turn translucent about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and zucchini. Cook 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, and cook one more minute, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Mix in the chopped bacon, and add everything to a greased baking dish. I used this 9″x13″ Corelle lightweight casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs until mixed well and slightly frothy.
- Pour eggs evenly over meat mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes, or until eggs are set. A fork stuck in the middle should come out clean.