This Slow Cooker Butter Chicken is dressed to impress. Made with a flavorful sauce, this recipe taste just like the original version but healthier! The first time I heard of Butter Chicken, this dish is not what I envisioned. In fact, I thought more of a casserole dish made with canned soup. So I was thrilled when it came out with a side of naan and loaded with flavor…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast about 3 chicken breast, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1/2 onion finely minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 6 ounces can tomato paste
- 1 14 ounces can coconut milk
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup half and half or heavy cream
- White rice for serving
- Prepare chicken by cutting into bite-sized chunks. In mixing bowl whisk together coconut milk,
- Greek yogurt, cream, tomato paste, garlic, ginger
andall the spices.
- Make sure it is mixed very well and there are no chunks.
- Lightly spray the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add the diced onion to the bottom of the slow cooker and top with cut up chicken.
- Pour the tomato/coconut milk over the chicken to make sure the chicken is completely covered.
- Top the liquid with butter. Top slow cooker with lid and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- I stir mine ½ way through cooking time if I remember.
- Season with salt and pepper, serve over rice topped with chopped cilantro.
- Great side to go with this is Naan. There is a great recipe over at Gimme Some Oven