Shoooooo! Cold weather has finally hit down here in the South. And I. Don’t. Like it.
Okay, now I know I really don’t have anything even remotely close to being okay to complain about. Because, truly, temperatures in the 20s and 30s are not actually cold. I grew up in Vermont. I do understand what true cold is.
- 1 lb. hot sausage (beef or turkey)
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- Dash salt & ground black pepper
- In a saute pan, brown sausage; drain.Add a dash of salt and pepper. Blend in cream cheese until the cream cheese is melted.Unroll one package of crescent rolls and place on a baking sheet.With your fingers, gently press the seams together to seal them.Spread the sausage mixture evenly over the crescent roll dough, leaving about a 1/2-inch border along the edges.
- Unroll the remaining package of crescent rolls and place on top of the sausage mixture.Press the edges together to seal. Gently press the seams together.Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until crescent roll dough is golden brown.Cut into small squares and serve.(A pizza cutter makes really quick and easy work of the cutting.)