Savor this creamy Three Milk Cake – Pastel Tres Leches that will melt in your mouth. Three types of milk make this traditional cake of Latin origin an excellent…
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 can (7.6 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ Media Crema, or 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease and flour 9-inch springform pan.
- BEAT egg whites and 1/4 cup sugar in large mixer bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Combine egg yolks and remaining sugar in a large bowl; beat until light yellow in color. Fold egg white mixture and flour alternately into egg yolk mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until just golden and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven to wire rack.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, media crema, evaporated milk, brandy and vanilla extract in medium bowl; stir well.
- Prick top of cake thoroughly with a wooden pick.
- Pour 2 cups cream over cake. Spoon excess cream from the side of pan over top of the cake.
- Let stand for 30 minutes or until cake absorbs the cream. Remove side of the pan.
- BEAT cream, sugar and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over top and sides of the cake.
- Serve immediately with remaining cream.
CALORIES PER SERVING390
CALORIES FROM FAT180
% DAILY VALUE *
Total Fat 20g31%
Saturated Fat 12g60%
Dietary Fiber 0g0%