Toasted ravioli, or breaded deep-fried ravioli, is an appetizer created and popularized in St. Louis, Missouri. Toasted ravioli can be found on the menus of many …
- 2 dozen beef ravioli or any other filled ravioli you like.
- 2 lightly beaten eggs.
- 1 cup of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Parmesan cheese.
- Vegetable oil.
- Marinara sauce.
- In boiling salted water, cook the ravioli until they float to the top then drain.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a fryer to 375°.
- Place the eggs and breadcrumbs in two separate large bowls.
- Dip the ravioli in the eggs then coat it with the breadcrumbs and fry in batches for about 5 minutes.
- Drain on some paper towel and continue with the rest of the ravioli.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the ravioli while it’s still hot.
- Before serving, heat the marinara sauce and serve aside the ravioli!
- Simple, easy and yummy! This toasted ravioli is a must try!
- The marinara sauce and parmesan cheese make it even better!
- Give it a shot and let me know what you think.