No cheese, no cream, no beef, no egg in this casserole, but it is bursting with summer flavors. This is an addictive zucchini casserole even for vegetable haters…
- 3 large zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 3 large tomatoes, pureed (makes 2 cups)
- 6 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Mexican chile
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Mix pureed tomato, garlic, parsley, green onions, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil and spices in a medium bowl.
- Put zucchini slices in a large bowl and pour the pureed tomato mixture over them.
- Stir well using your hand so that each zucchini slice is coated with the red sauce.
- Transfer them to a large baking dish so that the layer is not very thick. Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold, optionally with yogurt.