Mac and cheese is one of my favorite comfort foods and I loved the addition of spinach and artichokes to this one-pot recipe. Nice and cheesy …
- 16 oz package tri-color rotini
- 1/2 C butter
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 C chopped onion
- 1/4 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 14 Ozcan evaporated milk
- 8 oz plain greek yogurt
- 14 Ozcan artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 2/3 C panko bread crumbs
- In a 3-quart over-proof casserole dish cook tri-color rotini in salted water according to package directions. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter in the same casserole dish over medium heat. Add onion and red pepper; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in sugar, ancho chili powder, and flour. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Set aside 1/3 cup cheddar cheese. Slowly whisk in evaporated milk.
- Add yogurt and remaining cheese, artichokes, spinach, and rotini. Blend well.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/3 cup cheese and panko bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes or until bubbly and topping is nicely browned. Makes 8 servings