This Triple Berry Ooey Gooey Butter Cake is the perfect dessert anytime! Although it looks like you fussed, it’s easy to make…
- 6 cups mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc.)
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- Combine butter and heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook until melted and warmed through, then let cool.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat together eggs, sugar, and salt until lightened in color, and thick and ribbony. 4-6 minutes.
- Mix in baking powder, vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Fold in the cooled butter and heavy cream mixture until just incorporated.
- In batches, gradually add flour to the batter and mix until just incorporated, then carefully fold in 5 cups mixed berries.
- Pour batter into greased baking dish and top with remaining berries.
- Place in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool at least 15 minutes. Note: to remove from pan, run a knife around the edges of the pan and invert cake onto a serving plate.
- Serve upside down or right side up.