This easy turtle cake made with a German chocolate cake mix and sweetened condensed milk. The caramel layer and frosting make the cake …
- 1 box German chocolate or plain chocolate cake mix
- 1 (8 oz.) bag caramels
- 1 stick butter
- 1 can sweeten condensed milk
- 1 small bag walnuts or pecans (opt.)
- Mix cake mix as directed on box. Pour half of the batter in the pan and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Mix butter and caramels together in the small cooker, let caramels melt. Then add sweetened condensed milk and stir well.
- Stir often and do not let burn. Cook and stir this for about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour the caramel mixture over the first layer of cake.
- Then pour remaining cake mix batter on top of the caramel mixture and spread gently and evenly.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until done. Let cool before serving.
Note: If you use nuts, just stir them in the caramel mixture after you have melted the caramels, butter, and condensed milk together. Then spread this onto your first baked cake layer.