This is a quick and wonderful cake for guests, birthdays or just you guys. It helps if you have a 12″ non-stick skillet like the executive skillet from the Pampered Chef.
Dont try this with a stainless pan. I love this pan for cakes because it has the simplicity of a 9×13 pan but the sexy looks of a layer cake. And the pan distributes the heats so well, there is no domed middle to mess with.
BAKED RIGHT IN OUR SKILLET, THIS WARM CAKE IS SPREAD WITH A RICH CARAMEL FUDGE GLAZE AND TOPPED WITH CRUNCHY CHOPPED PECANS.
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) devil’s food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) semi-sweet chocolate for baking, coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Please, use the next page button below for the recipe and ingredients and don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family on Facebook.