Two-Ingredient Pumpkin Cake with Apple Cider Glaze. Rachel K. If you are an elitist foodie, I don’t know what to tell you other than to check your ‘tude at the …
For the Cake:
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 15 ounces can of pumpkin puree
- For the Glaze:
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Empty the contents of the boxed cake mix and pumpkin puree into a large bowl. Using a hand-mixer or stand mixer beat until well incorporated.
- The batter will be very thick but will come together nicely.
- Pour batter into a greased 7 x 11 X 2 pan. This is the small, rectangular-sized pan from your Pyrex set.
- You know, the set you had to have when you got married and rarely ever used all the pieces. Finally, you have a use for it.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan, then flip onto a platter.
- Make the glaze while you’re waiting.
- Combine powdered sugar, apple cider, and pumpkin pie spice.
- The glaze should be thick but pourable. Add more sugar or cider if needed. Pour over the cake while still warm.
- Reserve some to pour over each slice when served.
- Serve warm or room temperature