This quick and easy 30-min sweet potato black bean burrito recipe will be a new staple in your house! Loaded with all the fixings and tons of flavor! Vegan, nut-free, soy-free…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 55 minutes ]
- 1/2 cup dry brown rice
- 1+2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 large vegan burrito tortillas
- 1 medium head of romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 2-3 medium Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Guacamole, salsa, vegan sour cream, or chipotle sauce
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. (Do the following three steps at the same time.)
- Cook the rice and set it aside.
- While the rice is cooking, dice the sweet potato and put them on a parchment lined tray.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil over the top and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper over the potatoes.
- Toss to combine. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the edges start to brown, flip halfway through.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, saute the diced onion in 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Add drained black beans and minced garlic cloves.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the beans are warmed through.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside until everything is ready.
- When the sweet potatoes are done roasting, add them to the pan with the beans and onions. Mix to combine.
- Warm a tortilla, add lettuce, brown rice, a scoop of the black bean and sweet potato mixture, tomatoes, cilantro, and guacamole.
- Squeeze a wedge of lime over the filling and roll up the burrito