This vegan butter chicken is one of my favorite comfort food recipes! It’s super creamy and incredibly rich without using butter…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 28 oz can chickpeas (equals 2 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Heat some oil in a large pan and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the garlic and the ginger and cook for one more minute.
- Stir in the garam masala, the brown sugar, and the cumin and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Then add the crushed tomatoes, the coconut milk, the chickpeas, the cauliflower florets and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cashew butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over Jasmine or Basmati rice and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.