Vegan butternut squash tacos with chipotle black beans are bound to be your new favorite meal…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 3 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo diced
- 1/3 cup diced red onions
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- handful cilantro diced
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- lime to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl toss together squash, 1 tablespoon olive oil, paprika, and salt.
- Bake in preheated oven on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet for 20-25 minutes or until soft.
- Heat pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add red onions and chipotle peppers. Cook for a couple mins and add the black beans.
- Add cumin and salt. Cook for a few minutes, mixing occasionally.
- In a blender or food processor combine avocado, lime juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Blend until smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Heat corn tortillas on the skillet for 10-20 seconds per side.
- Top tortillas with squash, black beans, avocado crema, squeeze of lime juice and cilantro.