This velvety vegan cheese sauce is deliciously cheesy, ultra creamy, and super low in fat and calories…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 cup cooked white beans, such as cannellini
- 1/2 cup milk of choice, preferably unsweetened
- 1/3 cup cheese shreds, such as Daiya vegan, OR 5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt – I like 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- If using nutritional yeast, add 1/2 tsp white or apple cider vinegar (can be omitted)
- optional 2 tsp buttery spread or olive oil – I really like the rich depth of flavor this adds, especially if not using the cheese version
- optional pinch turmeric, thyme, rosemary, etc.
- Drain and rinse beans if they are canned.
- Blend together all ingredients except cheese, either in a blender or with a hand blender.
- Transfer to a pot, and add the cheese, if using.
- Heat on low, stirring occasionally until desired serving temperature is reached and optional cheese is melted.
- If serving with pasta, stir in cooked pasta at this time.
- Add more milk of choice if a thinner sauce is desired.