An easy recipe for Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread and Muffins! And don’t worry – they don’t taste one bit vegan. A must try this Summer…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely grated zucchini
- 1 and 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips (you may use non-vegan chips if your lifestyle allows)
Preparing the baking tins:
- If you’re making two loaves, line two 8×4 inch loaf pans with parchment paper, then spray the paper and any exposed pan with non-stick baking spray, set aside.
- If you’re baking two dozen muffins, line two 12-cavity muffin pans with non-stick liners, set aside.
- If you’re baking one of each, prepare one loaf pan and one muffin tin as previously described.
For the Chocolate Chip Zucchini Batter:
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder. cinnamon, and nutmeg; mix well to combine and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the granulated sugar, applesauce, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir, using a rubber spatula, until barely combined.
- Add the zucchini and mix with the spatula until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Divided the batter into the pans.
If you’re baking only muffins:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). Bake muffins, one pan at a time, for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack or serving warm.
If you’re baking only loaves:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Bake loaves, side by side in the center of the oven rack, for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place loaves on top of a cooling rack and cool completely before serving.
If baking one of each:
- Bake muffins first, as directed above.
- Then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees (F) and bake a loaf as directed above.