An easy, healthy weeknight meal that’s super creamy and full of flavor…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot or 1/2 white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 100 g button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 100 g risotto rice
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- Fresh parsley to serve
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan. Add the shallot and garlic and cook on a medium-low heat until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the risotto rice and immediately pour in the stock and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Add more hot water, if necessary.
- Once cooked, stir in the nutritional yeast, stir in a handful of chopped fresh parsley and season with salt and pepper.