This Cool Cucumber Avocado Sandwich with Tofu Cream Cheese has it all! It’s an easy, tasty lunch to pack for kids or adults. Vegan…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 1 14-ounce block firm tofu, pressed for 15 minutes*
- 1/4 cup cashews, soaked overnight**
- 5-6 tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 probiotic capsule, split to release powder
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 slices Silver Hills Bakery Mack’s Flax Bread
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 large cucumber, or 1 small
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- In a blender or food processor, add tofu, cashews, non-dairy milk, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, nutritional yeast, salt, and probiotic powder.
- Blend until smooth, adding more non-dairy milk if needed for a thinner consistency.
- Add dill, chives, and basil; stir to combine thoroughly.
- Toast bread slices.
- Top two pieces of toast with a generous amount of tofu cream cheese, then top one with half of the spinach and half of the cucumber slices;
- Top the other one with half of the avocado slices. Form a sandwich.