Thick, flavorful slices of heirloom tomatoes, creamy vegan mozzarella, fresh basil, and tangy balsamic glaze make a delicious filling for a quick and easy tomato Caprese sandwich. Vegan, Dairy-free…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 3 people ] [ Preparation time : 2 minute – Cooking time : 5 minutes ]
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced (3-4 slices per sandwich)
- Vegan cheese (I like Miyoko’s Fresh VeganMozz or this recipe for homemade cheese)
- Leaf lettuce
- 6-8 basil leaves, thinly sliced or use vegan pesto spread
- 1 tsp Balsamic glaze
- Slice the tomatoes and chiffonade the basil leaves.
- Assemble the sandwich. Add the lettuce, heirloom tomato slices, vegan cheese, and basil. Drizzle the balsamic glaze on top.
- Enjoy the sandwich cold or press it like a grilled cheese and serve it hot.