Vegan lentil sloppy joes are sure to be a hit because they’re classic comfort food that everyone knows and loves! The flavorful tangy sauce has two secret ingredients that will make you want to lick every last drop of sauce off the plate. Vegan + dairy-free + gluten-free…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 2 cups uncooked green lentils
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (This is my favorite brand because it’s in a glass jar, so there’s no BPA and it’s organic)
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp pickle relish
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Gluten-free burger buns
- Cook lentils according to package instructions and set aside.
- Saute the diced onion and bell peppers in olive oil for 5-8 minutes, over medium heat in a large pan.
- Add garlic powder, chili powder, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and let cook for 1 minute let the flavors begin to meld together.
- Add pickle relish, maple syrup, Worcestershire, balsamic vinegar, ketchup, water and cooked lentils.
- Stir everything together, cover, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Spoon filling into burger buns