This scrumptious vegan fajita recipe is not only great tasting but actually takes only 15 minutes or less to make to make start to finish. It is easily the best vegan fajita recipe ever…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 3-4 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 2 large red peppers, sliced
- 1 large orange or yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder + more to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 12small flour tortillas
- 4 cups of your favorite green, I like to use pea shoots or finely sliced Boston lettuce
- Your favorite vegan cheese shredded or grated
- coconut oil for frying
- Sriracha sauce
- Heat a very large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot add about a tablespoon of coconut oil to the large skillet, add the garlic, onion, and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are slightly browned.
- Season generously with salt, cumin, and chili powder and toss in your peppers.
- Cook until all vegetables are softened, stirring often.
- Add in your cayenne and black pepper to taste and mix.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave or oven.
- Serve tortillas with greens, topped with mushroom pepper medley, vegan cheese, and a drizzle of sriracha, and any other toppings you desire such as salsa, guacamole or even vegan sour cream.