This vegan mushroom soup recipe is loaded with pounds of mushrooms, garlic, and so much earthy flavor! If you love mushrooms then this soup is for you! Vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium sweet Vidalia onion, diced
- 2.5 lbs cremini mushrooms, sliced (or any combination of mushrooms you like)
- 5-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1-quart vegetable broth (low sodium)
- 1 14 oz can coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (carton)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: White truffle oil and chives to garnish
- Saute the diced onions in coconut oil for 5 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Add the mushrooms, cover, and cook for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add thyme and garlic, cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, cover, and bring to a low simmer for 30 minutes.
- Use a hand blender and carefully blend the soup until you achieve a chunky consistency.
- Stir in the coconut cream, milk, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 additional minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with chives and a swirl of truffle oil.