This vegan Mushroom Stroganoff is creamy, flavorful, and very delicious. The recipe is gluten-free, plant-based, perfect for lunch or dinner, quick and easy to make (ready in less than 30 minutes)…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 onion diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 11 oz mushrooms, sliced (300 g)
- 4 tbsp white wine (optional)
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth or water (180 ml)
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk or cream (180 ml)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Spice mixture: 1 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, a pinch of chili flakes, sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- Fresh thyme leaves and/or parsley (and/or tarragon), chopped
- Serve with brown rice or pasta of choice
- Heat oil in a large pan/skillet, add onion and fry for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and fry for a further 1 minute.
- Now add the mushrooms and fry over medium heat for about 5 mins.
- Pour in white wine (optional), vegetable broth, tamari (or soy sauce), and the spice mixture.
- I love adding nutritional yeast flakes as well but that’s optional!
- Bring to a boil.
- Add cornstarch to the plant-based milk or cream (I used canned coconut milk, however, almond milk, oat milk/cream or soy milk/cream is fine too) and stir to dissolve.
- Pour the milk/cream mixture into the pan and cook on low-medium heat for about 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as to your preference.
- Add fresh thyme leaves and/or parsley and/or tarragon to taste! Enjoy with brown rice or pasta of choice.