We have created a meat-less/dairy-free/macro friendly Vegan Philly Cheesesteak! While “standard” Philly Cheese Steak recipes are loaded with unhealthy animal products and undesirable macronutrients, our recipe is guilt-free and matches the original Philly Cheesesteak in taste! Vegan, cruelty-free, cholesterol free, and packed with muscle building protein…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 4 Tbsp. vegan margarine or olive oil
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 8-oz. pkg. seitan or 1 pkg. Gardein Beefless Tips, cubed
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. celery flakes
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 7-oz. block Follow Your Heart dairy-free provolone style slices
- 2 vegan French rolls, cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat the oven to 375˚
- Melt 2 tablespoonfuls of the vegan margarine in a large pan on medium heat.
- Sauté the green pepper, onion, and seitan for about 5 minutes, or until the seitan is heated all the way through.
- Add the garlic powder, celery flakes, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to an oven-safe pan. Top with the dairy-free provolone and bake for 10 minutes, or until the “cheese” is melted.
- Melt the remaining vegan margarine in another pan on medium heat.
- Place the French rolls face down in the pan and cook until lightly browned and crispy.
- Fill each roll with the seitan, green pepper, onion, and vegan cheese and serve.