This easy Vegan Refried Bean Burrito with Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus is perfect for lunch or a weeknight meal. It can be customized to suit your tastes. Make it spicy, smoky or mild by switching out the hummus…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 (8″) gluten-free tortilla – I used spinach amaranth
- 1/4 cup vegetarian refried beans
- 3 tablespoons Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus
- 1/4 cup chopped lettuce
- 3 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 of an avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Sugar-Free Pickled Peppers and Onions or sliced jalapeños
- Heat tortilla over the gas stovetop or in a pan without oil if you have an electric range.
- Be careful not to burn them.
- Spread refried beans and hummus on tortilla.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, and pickled peppers and onions.
- Fold over sides of tortilla and roll away from you making a tight burrito.
- If you fill the tortilla with too much, it will be harder to roll.