Have a fancy dinner with minimal work – Vegan Ricotta Stuffed Shells with Creamy Pesto. A baked pasta dish that everyone will love…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
FOR THE CREAMY PESTO SAUCE
- Bechamel Sauce
- 1/4 cup pesto
FOR THE STUFFED SHELLS
- 12 large shells*
- 8 oz vegan ricotta
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach thawed
- 2 tbsp pesto
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, combine ricotta, spinach, pesto, salt, pepper and parmesan in a bowl.
- Stir to combine and set aside.
- Make bechamel sauce according to instructions.
- Add pesto to the sauce and stir to combine. If the sauce is too thick, add water to thin.
- Drain pasta and run under cold water until cool enough to handle.
- Spread 1/2 cup of creamy pesto sauce on the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish.
- Fill each shell with a heaping tablespoon of ricotta filling and place in the baking dish.
- Pour pesto sauce over the stuffed shells.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling and filling is warmed through.
- Remove from the oven and serve.