10-ingredient roasted red pepper pasta with a creamy, savory-sweet red pepper sauce and fresh parsley. Light, healthy, and simple, yet incredibly satisfying…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 2 red bell peppers (~119 g each)
- 2-3 Tbsp (30-45 ml) olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped (~1/4 cup or 40 g)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped (2 Tbsp or 12 g)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) Unsweetened Original Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp (6 g) nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (10 g) cornstarch or arrowroot powder (or other thickeners of choice)
- optional: Pinch red pepper flake (for heat)
- 12 ounces (340 g) gluten-free linguini or spaghetti noodles (or another noodle of choice)
FOR SERVING optional
- Vegan parmesan cheese
- Finely chopped fresh parsley or basil
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F (260 C) and roast red peppers on a baking sheet until charred – about 25-30 minutes.
- Cover in foil for 10 minutes to steam, then remove (peel away) charred skin, seeds, and stems. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain, toss in a touch of olive oil, cover with a towel and set aside.
- While the red peppers are roasting, bring a large skillet over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic in 2-3 Tbsp olive oil until golden brown and soft – about 4-5 minutes.
- Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and stir. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Transfer sautéed shallot and garlic to the blender with roasted peppers, almond milk, red pepper flake, nutritional yeast, and cornstarch.
- Season with the desired amount of salt, pepper, and red pepper flake.
- Blend until creamy and smooth, taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt and pepper or nutritional yeast for flavor.
- You want the flavor to be pretty robust and strong since the noodles don’t have much flavor – so be generous with your seasonings.
- Once blended, place sauce back in the skillet over medium heat to thicken.
- Once it reaches a simmer, reduce heat to low and continue simmering.
- Once sauce is thickened to desired consistency (see photo), add noodles.
- However, before tossing add a touch more olive oil, salt and pepper to the un-tossed noodles for added flavor. Then, toss to coat.
- Serve with (generous amounts of) vegan parmesan, red pepper flake, and fresh chopped parsley or basil.