Before I get on to the recipe I have a quick confession. The original recipe called for raw sunflower seeds that have been soaked a minimum of four hours. I almost always have some roasted sunflower seeds on hand, so that’s what I used. If you want to get all raw and detox-y, use the raw seeds by all means. Either way, I think you have a tasty and nourishing meal…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 1 large carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 stalk celery, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup dill pickle slices
- a small handful of fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 cabbage leaves or baby romaine hearts
- In a food processor, pulse the carrots, celery, pickles, and parsley until they are finely diced.
- Add the mustard, paprika, lemon juice, and seeds and pulse until the seeds are coarse and crumbly.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a bowl and serve with the cabbage leaves or baby romaine hearts.