Creamy vegan taco pasta loaded with black beans, corn, onions, and fresh cilantro. You’d never know that the sauce is dairy-free, it’s so thick and creamy from the cashews! Vegan…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 58 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce (We love this brand)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 package of pasta
- Soak cashews in water for 1 hour, drain and discard water.
- Add cashews, coconut milk, chili powder, taco seasonings, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a high powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Cook the pasta separately, drain and set aside. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water in case you want to thin the sauce a little bit.
- Saute onions and red pepper in olive oil over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until soft.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, black beans, and corn to the pan, stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the warm pasta to the pan and mix everything together. Pour the cashew sauce over the top. (If the sauce is too thick, add a little bit of the hot pasta water to thin it out.)
- Top with fresh cilantro, serve immediately