Sautéed, seasoned veggies are served on top of cilantro lime rice with fresh avocado for a flavorful, easy to make, vegan and gluten-free fajita recipe…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 18 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup red onion (sliced)
- 1 cup baby Bella mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice (app 2 limes) – divided
- 2 cups cooked rice*
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado (thinly sliced)
- If you don’t already have cooked rice available, be sure you start by cooking the rice.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, add the bell pepper and onion, saute 4-5 minutes, then add the baby Bella mushrooms, garlic, cumin, chili powder, paprika, sea salt and 2 tbsp lime juice.
- Saute for an additional 2-3 minutes, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Toss the cooked rice with the remaining 2 tbsp lime juice and 2 tbsp fresh cilantro.
- Divide the rice between two bowls, top with the veggie fajitas and avocado.