I have been making a pistachio cake and Watergate salad for years. So I decided to combine the two. This is a super moist yet light cake that gets gobbled up every time I make it. Enjoy!
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
Cook time: 30 Min Prep time: 10 Min Serves: 8-10
1 box white cake mix
1 c crushed pineapples (drained)
1/2 c pistachio nuts, chopped
1 box pistachio pudding, 3.4 oz
1 c water
1/3 c oil
12 oz tub of Cool Whip
1 box pistachio pudding, 3.4 oz.
1 c milk
1/4 c pistachio nuts, chopped for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, mix all cake ingredients for two minutes on medium speed.
2. Fold in the nuts.
3. Pour into 2 round cake pans or a 9×13 baking pan.
4. Bake according to cake mix directions.
5. Cool cakes completely.
6. While cake is cooking, in a medium bowl mix pudding and milk. Chill for 5 minutes. Fold in Cool Whip and chill until cake is ready for frosting.
7. After cakes are cooled completely frost.
8. Refrigerate until time to serve. Keep any leftover cake refrigerated.