This Spaghetti Sauce recipe will surely complete your favorite Spaghetti dish. It is what I’ve been using for decades now, and it’s always a crowd-pleaser. I like simple and delicious recipes, which makes meal fun. I guarantee you will never again buy spaghetti sauce from the supermarket when you try this recipe.
Spaghetti is one of my favorite food growing up, and my mom always makes this for us. Whenever she does it, she makes a big double or triple batch so she can freeze the leftovers quickly. We have spaghetti sauce and meatballs almost still frozen in our freezer. It makes a quick and simple meal for the weekend, and let me tell you it’s pretty awesome. Try this recipe for Wedding Gift Spaghetti Sauce, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 2hrs 30mins | Total: 2 hrs 40 mins | Serving: 30 | Yield: 30 servings
- ½ cup butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- (1) large onion, chopped
- (3) cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound mild sausage
- 4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- (76) fluid oz of water
- 1 (29 oz) can tomato puree
- 3 (6 oz) cans tomato paste
- Heat butter and olive oil with onion and garlic over medium heat in a large pot, cook ground beef and sausage in the onion mixture and stir until browned, and crumbly for 10 to 15 minutes. Add and stir Italian seasoning, salt, rosemary, oregano, and black pepper into ground beef-sausage mixture, and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add and pour water, tomato puree, and tomato paste into ground beef-sausage mixture; simmer over low heat until flavors have combined for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Freezing leftovers sauce for future use is very easy. Just let the sauce cool down, and then ladle it into gallon size Ziploc bags. Just thaw and reheat when you’re ready to eat on the stove or in the microwave.
Per Serving: 137.2 calories; fat 10.2g 16% DV; cholesterol 26.1mg 9% DV; sodium 564mg 23% DV; protein 5.9g 12% DV; carbohydrates 6.5g 2% DV.