I love wedge salads, and wanted to make a version that was all my own that was full of the crispness and flavor but with a twist. So one day I decided to make one and came up with this version by adding one of my favorite herbs, tarragon. Be careful, you might get addicted!
Cook time: 15 Min Prep time: 15 Min Serves: 4
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!
To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 c light mayonnaise
- 1/2 c light sour cream
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice, fresh
- 1 pinch cracked pepper
- 2 Tbsp very finely diced white onion
- 2 clove very finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 c crumbled blue cheese
- 4 slice thick cut bacon
- 1 vine ripe tomato, diced
1. Saute bacon in a skillet until crisp, and then place on a paper towel to cool. When cool crumble into small to medium sized pieces.
2. Add to a small bowl the mayonnaise, sour cream, finely diced tarragon, onion and garlic, pepper, vinegar and lemon juice. Mix vigorously with a fork or small whisk to completely blend.
3. Rinse off a head of iceberg lettuce and remove the core and the outer leaves. Slice into four equal sized wedges, and place onto serving plates. I think you can also put them on one big serving platter and let guests take their own, that can be pretty too.
4. Dice a tomato into medium sized pieces (not too big).
5. Assembly: Pour 1/4 of the sauce over each wedge, letting it drizzle all over the top and down the sides. Scatter crumbled bacon and tomatoes over the top of the dressed wedge, dress with a few extra pieces of blue cheese and tarragon and serve.