I’ve been doing pretty well on my Weight Watchers trek – I lost 10 pounds in the first month! That said, I’m cooking a lot more and packing my lunch a LOT more. One of my favorite comfort foods growing up was Goulash (well at least that’s what my Dad called it).
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
7 Smart Point µon Weight Watchers
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2/3 pound uncooked lean ground beef
- 2 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 29 oz canned stewed tomatoes, Mexican-style (undrained)
- 2 1/2 cup(s) canned tomato juice
- 4 oz canned green chili peppers, diced, drained
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 serving(s) uncooked macaroni, elbow-size
- 31 oz canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup(s) low-fat, shredded Cheddar cheese
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat.
- Cook beef and onion until meat is browned, stirring and breaking up meat with a spoon as it cooks about 10 minutes; drain off fat.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes and their juice, tomato juice, chili peppers
andchili powder; bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in macaroni and beans; return to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until macaroni is tender about 15 minutes.
- Spoon chili into bowls and sprinkle with cheese. Yields about 1 cup chili and 1 tablespoon cheese per serving.