This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 2 cups of cooked rice (make sure it is cold)
- 3 raw chicken thighs (or can use some leftover cooked chicken), chopped small
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- half red pepper, chopped finely
- 1 small stalk of celery, chopped finely
- 1 small carrot, chopped finely
- 4 mushrooms, chopped finely
- ¼ cup of frozen peas
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce (or tamari or coconut aminos)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil (2 syns)
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- black pepper
- Spray oil
- Spray a frying pan over a medium-high heat with some spray oil
- Add the chicken, season with black pepper and fry until golden, remove and set aside.
- Add the onion, celery, garlic, and ginger and cook for a few mins to soften.
- Add the carrot, mushrooms and red pepper and fry for a further couple of mins.
- Add the soy sauce, chicken, and rice, and using a back of a wooden spoon break up any big pieces of rice.
- Add the peas and sesame oil and stir to evenly coat.
- Then make a hole in the middle of the mixture, spray with a little spray oil and pour in the beaten eggs, stirring the egg continuously until the egg starts to cook and then you can mix it all into the rice.
- Add some chopped spring onions (optional)
- This is great served on its own or as part of a meal